Professor, Energy Engineering
Ph.D, Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, USA — 2012
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, USA — 2008
B.S., Energy Engineering , Soochow University — 2004
Shale gas and coalbed methane gas thermal recovery, non-linear gas transport in porous media, hydrocarbon and noble isotopic gas fractionation, hydrogen energy, combustion and safety science.
1. Wenjun Zhang, Baojian Shen, Yilin Chen, Tengxi Wang , Wei Chen *，Molecular dynamics simulations about isotope fractionation of methane in shale nanopores，Fuel，Vol 278,118378, 2020
2. Wei Chen*, Yafeng Lei and Xiukun Hua, Flow transportation inside shale rocks at low-temperature combustion condition: A simple scaling law. Combustion and Flame, 2019, 199, pp114-121.
3. Wei Chen*, Yunfeng Yang*，TengxiWang, Non-linear gas transport inside an ultra-tight Longmaxi shale core under thermal stimulation conditions. Energy, 2019, 186, pp1-8.
4. Wei Chen*, Jiajin Yang, Yilin Chen*, Yafeng Lei, Jiafeng Sun and Tengxi Wang, Flow transportation inside shale samples during low temperature combustion: The effect of desorption and pyrolysis. Fuel, 2019, 242, pp77-83.
5. Wei Chen*, Yu Zhou, Leilei Yang, Ningning Zhao and Yafeng Lei, Experimental study of low-temperature combustion characteristics of shale rocks. Combustion and Flame, 2018, 194, 285-295. Wenjun Zhang,
Wei Chen*, Tengxi Wang and Yinnan Yuan, A self-similarity mathematical model of carbon isotopic flow fractionation during shale gas desorption. Physics